Information Security Office
Spring 2019 Information Security Forum
Join us for our quarterly Information Security Forum! January 28 is the National Data Privacy Day, and we'll be talking about how you can protect your personal information.
UU220 (Bldg 65-220)
January 28th from 11am to 12pm
Protecting Your Privacy
January 28 is National Data Privacy Day, and this month we are focusing on protecting your privacy. The Information Security Team will share what tracking is, who performs it, and how you can control what personal data is shared with third parties.
Visit our Information Security Forum page for more information.
Welcome to the Information Security Office
We all have a shared responsibility to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Cal Poly information assets. Our website is intended to provide you with the tools and information to protect yourself, your computer, and help prevent the unauthorized access to or use of University information.
- Spirion Software - Preventing a data breach starts with knowing where your sensitive information exists. Spirion can help you locate confidential data you may not be aware of and assist you with proper security or disposal.
- Cal Poly Information Security Awareness Training - Cal Poly information security is a shared responsibility to protect resources.
- Information Security Standards - Minimum requirements to implement the Information Security Program. Vulnerability Assessment and Management is the latest publication.
- Information Security Program (PDF) - Applies to the security of all University information and to all Cal Poly students, employees, consultants, contractors, or any person having access to University information in any form.
- Responsible Use Policy - The principal concern of this policy is the effective and efficient use of information technology resources. All users must abide by this policy.
- HEOA P2P/Copyright Compliance - Campus plans for complying with peer-to-peer file sharing requirements under the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008
- Cyber Security Awareness - Visit Skillsoft for the latest Ninjio episode and our Information Security Forum page for the next event's details.