Information Security Office
Welcome to the Information Security Office
We all have a shared responsibility to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Cal Poly information assets. Our website is intended to provide you with the tools and information to protect yourself, your computer, and help prevent the unauthorized access to or use of University information.
Current Issue: October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
Now in its sixth year, National Cyber Security Awareness Month is a collaborative effort between government, industry, and education to ensure everyone has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online.
As part of Cal Poly’s ongoing commitment to promoting information security awareness and best practices, throughout October, Information Technology Services will distribute posters and postcards, post weekly sponsored Portal announcements, and update Cal Poly's National Cyber Security Awareness Month page each week with informative links on how to protect your data and devices and stay safer online.
Please check back regularly to pick up a helpful tip or two!
- Identity Finder Software - Preventing a data breach starts with knowing where your sensitive information exists. Identity Finder software can help you locate confidential data you may not be aware of and assist you with proper security or disposal.
- Cal Poly Information Security Awareness Training - Cal Poly information security is a shared responsibility to protect resources.
- Information Security Standards - Minimum requirements to implement the Information Security Program. Vulnerability Assessment and Management is the latest publication.
- Information Security Program (PDF) - Applies to the security of all University information and to all Cal Poly students, employees, consultants, contractors, or any person having access to University information in any form.
- Responsible Use Policy - The principal concern of this policy is the effective and efficient use of information technology resources. All users must abide by this policy.
- HEOA P2P/Copyright Compliance - Campus plans for complying with peer-to-peer file sharing requirements under the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008