DMCA Notification Procedures
DMCA Notification Agent
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Cal Poly has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on computers in the calpoly.edu domain. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, please contact email@example.com.
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement be in writing. For Cal Poly to act on your notice, you must be authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed. When informing Cal Poly's agent of an alleged copyright infringement, you should:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a representative list of such works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit Cal Poly to locate that material. This generally includes the filename(s) and infringement timestamp along with the IP address or hostname of the system offering the infringing file(s).
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided is accurate. You should attest under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed.
- Include your physical or electronic signature.
Cal Poly may not be able to act on your complaint promptly or at all if you do not provide this information.