CSU Systemwide Policies
- CSU Information Security Policy - Section 8000 Integrated CSU Administrative Manual (4/19/10) - Policies pertaining to the security, confidentiality, availability and privacy of information assets maintained by CSU campuses
- CalREN Network Acceptable Use Policy - Policy pertaining to the acceptable use of the California State University regional network
- CSU Information Security Management Website - Information security resources and links within CSU, at EDUCAUSE and other Higher Education institutions, including related laws
- CSU Executive Order 1031 (2/27/08) - Delegates responsibility to CSU presidents to implement systemwide records/information retention and disposition schedules
- CSU Executive Order 1014 (10/8/07) - Delegates responsibility to CSU presidents to implement and maintain an effective business continuity program on each campus
- CSU Executive Order 999 (3/10/07) [PDF] - CSU policy on prevention of illegal electronic file sharing and protection of electronic copyrighted material
- CSU Executive Order No. 796 (11/12/01) [PDF]- Establishes minimum standards for administration of student records consistent with FERPA
- CSU Executive Order No. 926 (12/20/04) - Establishes CSU policy on disability support and accommodations, including access to websites and information technologies.
- CSU Accessibility Technology Initiative Website - Information and resources for complying with Executive Order 926
- CSU Coded Memo AA 2006-41 (9/28/06) [PDF]- Roadmap for ensuring campus compliance with Executive Order 926
- Coded Memo AA 2007-04 (2/9/07) [PDF] - Revised timelines and clarified deliverables and tasks outlined in AA 2006-41
- Coded Memo AA 2007-13 (5/10/07) [PDF] - Changes to planned submission dates for procurement and instructional materials priorities outlined in AA 2006-41
- CSU Coded Memo HR 2011-07 (6/22/2011) [PDF] - Requirements for complying with Health Care Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regarding privacy of medical information.
- CSU HIPAA Policies and Training Materials (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) - CSU systemwide site designed to provide information and training to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- CSU Coded Memo HR 2005-16 (4/8/05) [PDF] - Requirements for protecting confidential personal data
- CSU Coded Memo HR 2007-05 (2/8/05) [PDF] - Requirements for implementing state law regarding use of Social Security number
- CSU Coded Memo HR 2005-01 (1/7/05) [ PDF] - Update: Information Practices Act
To report suspected violations of Cal Poly computing policies, use the link on the navigation bar to the left to e-mail email@example.com. There are additional instructions for filing notices of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
Other comments and questions regarding information technology policies and practices, including requests to send mass emails, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.