Responsible Use Policy - Sections H & I
H. Reporting Irresponsible or Inappropriate Use
Suspected infractions of this policy should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with Appendix D, Policy Implementation and Practices. There might be situations when the following additional offices/officials should be notified of suspected violations when filing a complaint:
- Supervisors, Department Heads, Deans, Program Administrators and/or one of the following offices if the incident occurs in the course of employment with the University:
- Academic Personnel (Faculty) - 805.756.2844
- Human Resources (State Staff) - 805.756.2236
- Human Resources (ASI Staff) - 805.756.1281
- Human Resources (Corporation Staff) - 805.756.1121
- Office of Equal Opportunity - 805.756.1400
- Office of the Registrar - 805.756.2531 - If the incident involves inappropriate use of Cal Poly student information. The registrar is responsible for investigating reports of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) violations and maintaining records for the Department of Education.
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities - 805.756.2794 - If the incident involves inappropriate use by a current student
- Information Security Office - 805.756.5595 - If the incident involves inappropriate access to or use of institutional data or a potential security breach.
- Cal Poly University Police - 911 for emergencies or 805.756.2281 - If an individual's health and safety appears to be in jeopardy or a violation of law may be involved.
I. Policy Review and Practices Oversight
The Vice Provost for Information Services/Chief Information Officer is responsible for application and enforcement of this policy. The Information Services Office of the CIO shall shall review this policy on an annual basis or as the need arises, make recommendations for any changes, and provide oversight and periodic review of the practices used to implement this policy. Recommended changes shall be reviewed and approved by the VP/CIO, in consultation with campus advisory committees and University officials, including the Provost and President. The current version of the policy will be posted and maintained on the Cal Poly web site.