Anti-virus software is an essential part of safe computing. Proof of current anti-virus software is required for network access in all campus housing areas. This requirement applies to all computing operating systems including Windows, Apple/Macintosh, Linux and handheld computing devices.
Cal Poly provides Sophos Central Endpoint Protection (Anti-virus) software at no charge to eligible Cal Poly users. People with access to a high-speed Internet connection can download the software from the My Cal Poly web portal (see below). Sophos Central Endpoint Protection proactively guards your computer against viruses, worms, spyware and other threats...
Need to Stay Safe?
- CalPoly, Sophos Antivirus Protection, Free Download Instructions
- Stay away from Internet Scams and Hoaxes
- Virus and Spyware Information
- Virus Reporting and Response Procedures
- MalwareBytes, Free Malware Removal Tool
- Sophos Virus Removal Tools
- Norton Security Response Center for Home Users