Security Training Material
- "Passwords are Like Underwear" (PDF) (University of Michigan)
- The Protection Connection- Learn to protect yourself online with Privacy settings and good online practices.
- Microsoft Security at Home Website - A series of short videos with basic information on top security issues affecting home computer users and tips on how to protect your computer and your personal information online.
- FTC Identity Theft Video - Victims of identity theft share their experiences.
- Race to Stay Secure Online - Online game designed to teach users to distinguish between real and fake websites
- Anti-Phishing Phil - Online game designed to teach users how not to fall for "phishing" attacks. Developed by Carnegie Mellon University's Usable Privacy and Security Laboratory.
- Beware of Spyware- Don't let spyware sneak onto your computer to give others a peek at information you enter online.
- Invasion of the Wireless Hackers- Questions related to wireless security.
- Spam Scam Slam- Don't get slammed by the next spam scam.
- Online Lineup- Find out if you're a shrewd online shopper who can spot a risky offer.
Professional Development Opportunities
- EDUCAUSE Professional Development Website
- System Administration, Networking and Security (SANS) Institute
- Secure IT - Information Technology and Network Security Conference
- Safari Tech Books Online - IT and computer science oriented books online for Cal Poly users only.