Information Security Committee
The mission of this committee is to ensure the security (confidentiality, integrity, and availability) of information in the University’s custody, regardless of format, by
- Preventing unauthorized access to and use of all information and protecting confidential and sensitive information;
- Requiring university-wide compliance to applicable laws, regulations, policies and practices;
- Reviewing and recommending security policies and procedures; and
- Promoting sound information security practices.
The Information Security Committee is a standing subcommittee of the Information Resource Management Policy and Planning Committee (IRMPPC) and is advisory to the Vice President for Administration and Finance and the Vice Provost/CIO. The members of the committee are appointed by the President.
- Information Security Officer, who serves as the chairperson
- AFD - Office of Information Security
- ITS - Security Technology
- ITS - Program/Policy Assurance
- A representative is nominated by each of the Data Authority areas
Meetings shall be quarterly or as needed. Sub committees may be appointed when needed.